Use This to Translate

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Food and Talk

Last week at a dinner-party, the hostess asked me to sit next to Mrs Rumbold.
Mrs Rumbold was a large, unsmiling lady in a tight black dress. She did not even look up when I took my seat beside her. Here eyes were fixed on her plate and in a short time, she was busy eating. I tried to make conversation.
"A new play is coming to 'The globe' soon," I said. "Will you be seeing it ?"
"No", she answered.
"Will you be spending your holidays abroad this year?", I asked.
"No", she answered.
"Will you be staying in England?", I asked.
"No", she answered.
In despair, I asked her whether she was enjoying her dinner.
"Young man," she answered, "if you ate more and talked less, we would both enjoy our dinner!".



sumber: Practice and Progress

No comments:

Post a Comment